Tuesday, April 9, 2013

More spring thoughts : )

Hi Friends ! Spring 2013 has shown a great amount of trends to swoon over and it is certainly a diverse cluster of trends so many that is HARD to find the time to put it all in writing!!! — Personally the 90's neo grunge looks shown shocked me! LOL ....As a child of the 90's this one was a funny one for me to see re-done as it certainly back in my day dressing this way was more of a social statement rather than fashion for me at the time. I lived with my grandparents and remember "borrowing" my grandfather's Z'L over sized plaid shirt that fitted me like dress since he was very tall and wearing it with black leggings , high top doc martens boots :) and some vintage sunglasses the "dress" was worn cinched with my grandfather's belt in a sort of girly/tough fashion. I also recall this rust toned 1960's fur collared coat with purple embroidery that I called it my Janis Joplin coat, it was a hippie masterpiece that just vanished one day....I suspect my grandmother Z'l "lost it " for me due to its eccentric flair ... I felt cool and unique during my grunge face...Oh the fashion memories!! I was certainly "original" so yes I was by all means a true cool grunge child. Ok enough fashion nostalgia... On the runways I liked the simple tailoring featured by those using sporty minimalist references, Asian inspired prints, sheer layering, powerful prints, sharp contrasting bold stripes, and some light toned or metallic leather are just some of the trends on the runways of many American designers like Jason Wu, Michael Kors, Tory Burch and Proenza Schouler. Metallic sheen looked fresh and cool (we all love a little sparkle and shine, right?). For girls like me who love to mix high and low and vintage pieces Tory Burch's "preppy boho" vision featuring ethnic inspired prints and details AKA "Polished traveller girl" looks were pretty cute and easily done with stuff most of us own (or can pick up thrifting for pennies on the dollar). Those cool colorful tasseled necklaces are totally doable in a DIY project. I also loved ALL those feminine floral prints that if one is lucky can be picked up for a song while thrifting : ) Spring is taking it's time this year it seems...but after a LOOOONG winter plagued by assorted flu bugs I am ready for the Sun to shine. Below are some pretty pictures of some fave looks. Enjoy! Sorry about the clumpy post but blogger is not allowing spacing for some crazy reason...uch!

No comments:

Post a Comment