My Flax seed oil and tomato based natural skin care .

Hi everyone it has been a while and I have been busy B"H with only good things 😊.

Today I will be sharing a beauty/health tip that is perfect for Summer.

At 42 years old I am happy to report minimum skin damage in terms of fine lines and deep wrinkles . (I admit I'm not a big water drinker but the Texas heat is slowly curing me of this very bad habit and I am gradually improving my ways).

My 2 mainstay skin care products don't come from the drugstore ! As a brightening booster I use fresh tomato juice, I cut up a salad i save a piece and mash it into my face in circular motion . Then after I rinse I apply a totally underrated oil (when it comes to beauty and skin car): good old flaxseed oil.
I get my Organic flaxseed oil from trader Joe's, I keep it in the fridge and it keeps beautifully for months .

The Flaxseed oil can either be taken orally (only small quantities or it can make stools too soft) or applied to the skin to reap multiple health benefits. Here are some of the ways in which it contributes to skin health.

Flaxseed oil is amazing at reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles *The topical application of flaxseed oil plumps the skin surface and slows down the appearance and progression of wrinkles and fine lines. When used regularly, the flaxseed oil improves the ability of the skin to repair itself from cumulative free radical damage . I apply mine daily at bedtime and after the shower to seal in moisture.

Mixed with some leftover coffee grounds it makes a excellent firming and rejuvenating scrub that is perfect to fix fatigued or jet lagged skin.
flaxseed oil heals dry skin on lips, scrub away with a soft toothbrush and dab some on before bed .

*use it to make a paste with baking soda to scrub dry feet,rinse and dab extra on heels then sleep with socks for soft pretty feet .
Apply to dry skin spots such as elbows and knees .
*Use it to treat dry and flaky skin or scalp

*Mix with lavender to soothe sunburned skin
Clear cradle cap by mixing it with lavender oil
*Use to treat and prevent stretch marks

I'm sure there are many more uses for flaxseed oil but these are my tried and tried and tested tips .

Happy summer !

Comments

  1. Hi! Can flaxseed oil be used in combination with your regular night moisturizers? I’m not sure if using it during the day would be ok.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog