Carpool Fashion thoughts and more

What to wear for carpool is yet another morning stressor for busy Frum mommies -- I know that many solve this dilemma by wearing a snood or tichel and a house robe ….It is a look that “works” and gets you by but is not the most flattering and to be brutally honest wearing a robe looks like wearing sleepwear in public !
But…. don’t get me wrong! I don’t advocate turning school hallways into runways and wearing a cute non obvious (shiny velour) robe is ok on some occasions. But when worn too often it telegraphs to the world that selecting a flattering outfit was NOT on your priority list and that YOU did not even make the list! and trust me here …wearing something unflattering dirty or whatever is like a segula for random people ,teachers and principals to feel magnetically drawn and compelled to come over for an impromptu parking lot “shmooze” or conference.

I DO understand that often all a mom can do on a crazy morning is get the kids dressed for school; and that if you don't have to show up at an office precisely at 8:15 am, you may wonder “what's the point of getting all dressed up just for car pool?”
But there's more to what you wear to school than just convenience and comfort. Making an effort, to look pretty (but not like you are going to simcha ) sets the tone for your day and gives you a boost. So wake up 15 minutes early, get dressed and then wake the kids .
And while some may argue and roll their eyes saying ‘School drop off is not a fashion parade!" I only advocate a comfortable yet chic look.
Since I’m the Fashion Maven : p I better look decent …LOL so I plan my outfit for the following day before going to bed just like I do for my young kids and on a hectic week I plan the week. This planning includes a coordinating "backup" top and bottom in case the baby spits on me or some other child related stains occur.
A little planning goes a long way ladies and it works!
Have a wonderful back to school day and Hatzlacha to the kids!!!
*My essential Back to school items are:
A non wrinkle black skirt mid calf or long .( those long black slinkies are great for days when I don’t seem to last 20 seconds without a run in my hose or tights ,or when I’m out of hose period )
A dark denim pencil skirt
A turtleneck or cute top shell ( avoid fussy time zapping buttons)
A belt to add polish
Pearls or stud earrings (they look cute go with everything and are non ostentatious)
Watch
Sunglasses
Flats or low wedges boots and shoes (save the high heels for simchot )
Cute cardigan ,vest or Jacket
Tide laundry pencil and a Lint brush
Parkhurst beret to wear alone OR to give my dirty/frizzy shaitel a cool look on the last wear before washing. (Once washed they return to their non frizzy glory).
Purse : concealer stick, gloss, sunglasses and wallet .
Diaper bag: is kept always in the car with baby supplies wipes diapers water and baby leggings and top, non perishable energy bar.
Fave CD to keep the baby and toddler amuzed : )

Comments

  1. You really have such great practical tips for us frum Mommies! And I loved your post on LadyMama! Come stop by my blog I have an award for you!
    xo
    Sharon
    www.fashion-isha.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog